Classes & Workshops
The Community Center of Northern Westchester offers a range of classes and workshops designed to help individuals improve their job skills, manage on limited resources, and attain self-sufficiency.
- Computer Training – basic computer and internet skills
- Basics of Construction - reading blueprints and other construction skills
- Building a Dream: how to start and manage your own business
- English Language Conversation classes -- Wednesday and Saturday mornings; no registration required.
- Advanced English and Civics
- Food for Thought nutrition workshops: Healthy Eating on a Budget nutrition education workshops presented in collaboration with Sesame Workshop
- Eat Smart NY nutrition course for adults
“I have been coming to the Community Center for clothes, English classes, and construction skills classes. I now have my own handyman business. I am grateful to all the volunteers and teachers at the Center who have helped me.”
— Carlos M